For years, I lived my life unconsciously. From a distance I looked successful, but I moved from one task to the next – busy, stressed, unfulfilled, and not sure why I was semi-miserable. On the outside everything looked great. On the inside – not so much.
Originally a small town girl from east Texas, I worked my way up through the corporate ranks, for many years was the only woman in the boardroom, earned an MBA from a top European school, and succeeded in a well-paid job in risk management in London. I had arrived…..kind of. But no matter what I did I couldn’t shake a general feeling of emptiness.
In 2009, I moved back to the United States and discovered yoga by accident. After a few months, I knew something was different. I was different. I wasn’t drinking and eating too much. No longer was I quite literally pulling my hair out from stress. I lost weight and got fit. This yoga/mindfulness thing was definitely working for me!
Feeling uninspired in my job I decided to take a sabbatical so I could become a yoga teacher and travel to Africa. When I returned to work, I was fueled with a renewed energy to follow my passion for personal development and help my employer BP recover from the Deepwater Horizon incident. So I made an abrupt change in my career and went from risk management to leadership development. In my new role, I created and taught programs like Courageous Conversations, aimed at creating a corporate culture that welcomed honest discussion.
I made positive changes and saw dividends in areas outside of my career, too. The more energetically I embraced my passions, the more I started to live a life that was truer to myself, and the more everything changed. Ever since I had completed my coach training, I had dreamt of having my own coaching business. That dream was realized in 2015 when I took the plunge and launched True North Coaching and Development, specializing in leadership coaching and executive coaching.
My Coaching Philosophy
As you can tell, I love my work! And I would love to work with YOU.
I will create a safe space for you to explore what’s holding you back. I will challenge you ever so respectfully but firmly to reach your potential, and I will enthusiastically champion your successes, of which there will be many. And I promise there will also be plenty of joy and laughter. Just because we’re working hard, doesn’t mean we can’t have fun, right?
I encourage you to check out the testimonials from some of my clients. See for yourself what they have to say about the value of working with me.
- I hold a Masters and Bachelors from the University of Texas at Austin in Accountancy and an MBA from the Rotterdam School of Management in the Netherlands.
- I’m an International Coaching Federation (ICF) certified coach at the PCC level, and I graduated from the esteemed Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC) program. I have also served as a faculty member for the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC) program, where I got to work with really amazing aspiring coaches and teach them how to coach
- I have served on the Austin, Texas Board of the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
- I’ve also served as a faculty member for the University of Texas Center for Professional Education (UTCPE) and NYU Professional Pathways
- I’m a certified yoga instructor and incorporate mindfulness practices into my coaching practice.
- I completed my first book in 2017, Running on Empty: An Irreverent Guide to Filling Up with Mindfulness, and I’ve begun work on my second book (as yet untitled) about the cultivation of authenticity in the corporate workplace.
And finally, in 2016 I ticked a major bucket list goal off my list by completing the High Passes of Everest trek.
What’s your dream?
Let me help you discover it!